Thursday, December 27, 2012

Zoya Nail Laquer in Ziv (gold)- From December Glossybox


Sample was full-sized- $8 for .5 oz at www.zoya.com (in pretty much any color you can think of)

I was apprehensive about this when I first opened my Glossybox. I’m not really much of a nail polish person to start with and gold is a little out of my comfort zone. But I have been trying out more lately and after I had some time to think about it I decided this would be a good festive Christmasy color.

So I thought that this nail polish was gold with shimmer but after I put it on I realized its actually clear polish with very fine gold glitter in it. A very thin coat of this over another color could be a great glittery effect. I tried it on its own and about three coats made it fairly opaque. Its very shiny but surprisingly subtle as far as the glitter goes. It just looks like gold shimmer. I put a layer of Good Tidings We Bling by Sephora by OPI (which is a Christmas limited edition red and green glitter with a little bit of black glitter in there) for a nice Christmasy look. I’m very pleased with how this turned out. I still think it’s a little flashy for everyday wear but for a special holiday or event its nice. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it. Even with a base coat and top coat it started chipping after just a few days though. Like I’ve said before though I’m quite hard on my poor nails. This week I was especially hard on them because of holiday baking and cleaning to get ready for the holidays. I finally broke down and took the rest of it off after about a week because it was chipping really badly (plus it clashes with my beautiful white gold engagement ring). I still would recommend this nail polish.

An added plus of all the Zoya nail laquers is they are natural and free of harmful chemicals such as formaldehyde. I plan on trying out some other colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment