Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I Love...Strawberries & Milkshake Shimmer & Shine Lip Gloss


I couldn’t find this exact product in the US online anywhere. Apparently this is a UK brand. But the body washes and lotions retail for $6 to $8 at drugstores so I suppose you could assume this would be significantly less than that. If you could find it.

I have a confession to make. I’m a little greedy. Let me explain. Every year for Christmas, I get a little something for all of the girls I work with (even though I don’t like all of them). This year I found some great little travel bottles of I Love… body wash. I’ve never really used this brand but I’ve heard of it and I think it’s a little better than some other brands. I didn’t really feel like  splurging for anything more expensive. The problem was that they came in packs of 5 but they only had two packs. I really didn’t think that was enough but I got them and figured I’d check back later. The next time I went shopping I couldn’t find the five pack. I guess they were out of stock. So I got a four pack that had body wash, shampoo, two body lotions and this lip gloss. Rather than put the lip gloss in the basket with the other stuff, I decided to keep it for myself. Because I'm greedy like that.

I kind of wish I’d given it away. Its got a good texture when you put it on. Its not too sticky and is shimmery and pretty. It has a very synthetic strawberry smell but very little strawberry flavor (which actually isn’t a bad thing considering the way it smells). I also don't like this kind of tube, where you have to squeeze it and it comes out of the little hole. It always just goes all over the tip of the tube and I feel like its unsanitary. All of this I could live with, except that the shimmer is completely gone after an hour or so. At the rate I’ve had to keep applying it the tube is only going to last for a week. It also is horribly drying for your lips. I was going to try layering some better quality lip balm underneath but unfortunately (or fortunately I suppose depending on how you want to look at it) I lost my lip gloss. It fell out of my pocket at a Christmas party. I’m all broken up about it. I definitely wouldn’t buy it but was going to use the tube I had because I’m too cheap to throw it away. But I lost it. Oh well. If any of the body wash or lotion gets left over from Christmas I’ll have a review of that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment