Monday, December 17, 2012

Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy Ultra Shea Cleanse & Nourish Shampoo & Conditioner


$5 for 12.9 oz

Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy is a relatively new brand (endorsed by Heidi Klum and celebrity stylist Oscar James if that is important to you). They have a full line of shampoos and conditioners for all of your hair needs. It claims to be different than other shampoos because it nourishes your scalp, getting right to the roots of your hair so that the hair that grows out of your healthy scalp is healthier hair. It contains Nutrium 10 Moisture Lock (whatever that is) to lock moisture into your hair and scalp.

I got the Ultra Shea, which is their extra nourishing version, as a free sample (get yours by liking them on Facebook). Its a travellish size (I don’t remember the exact ounces but it seemed smaller than a normal travel size) which was much better than a foil packet but the shampoo still lasted me less than a week and the conditioner actually lasted less than that. I have long hair and I use a lot of shampoo and conditioner. I was a little skeptical about putting shea butter in my hair. I felt like it would make my hair greasy and oily and I didn’t really feel like it would clean my hair very well. I was pleasantly surprised. While I didn’t feel like I really got enough to fully test how it would work long term, in the time that it lasted me, it was very nourishing and my hair felt very soft. It has a light smell that is reminiscent of shea butter lotions that I’ve used. Its not really a traditional shampoo smell but it wasn’t unpleasant. I didn’t notice much carryover once my hair was washed. It actually cleaned very well. It didn’t leave behind any greasy residue like I was expecting, but didn’t strip my hair either. This shampoo is a little pricier than some other “drug-store brands” but is still very affordable. I’m actually considering switching after I run out of my Garnier Nutrisse.

No comments:

Post a Comment