Saturday, December 29, 2012

Ecru New York Acacia Protein Oil- December Glossybox


Sample was a teensy vial
Full-sized- $30 for 1.7 oz at www.ecrunewyork.com

This is a paraben free (I still have to look into exactly what those are) formula with keratin, collagen, and argan oil that conditions your hair, protects it from heat, gets rid of frizz, and makes it more shiny. This is all according to their website. I’m gonna be cheap and greedy and complain a little about the size of this sample. It was a tiny vial that lasted me about four uses. Someone with short hair could obviously get more use out of it but I have fairly long hair. This is a slightly sticky, clear substance a little thicker than a liquid. It didn’t have any smell that I could discern. The first time I used this I didn’t straighten my hair, I just let it air dry. It did seem softer and felt smoother but looking in the mirror, there wasn’t really much of a difference. However, after using it a couple more times, I took a shower and then forgot to put it in. I was busy doing things around the house and my hair was almost dry by the time I realized I hadn’t put it in, so I went to go do it, and my jaw hit the ground when I looked in the mirror. Even though I hadn’t put anything at all in my hair, it was way smoother and less frizzy than in normally is. It wasn’t particularly shiny but it was soft and healthy feeling. This stuff is amazing. I definitely will be buying a full-sized of this. My only complaint is that there was such a small sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment