Monday, January 28, 2013

mark. Scanda-Lash Mascara in Brown- Beauty Army January

Sample was full-sized (although still tiny)- $6.50
Look how teensy!
From what I’ve experienced of the mark. line, which has just been this and a couple lip glosses, all of their products seem to be tiny. That’s not a big deal for me with the lip gloss because I don’t wear it everyday but with a mascara I don’t really like it. I’ve gotten mascaras this size as a gift with purchase from Sephora before. And they only lasted me a couple weeks. Okay my second complaint is the color but that’s my own fault. I got this in brown to try something different but I’d forgotten that I’d ordered some CoverGirl LashBlast in brown-black from drugstore.com. I tried that brown (which is very dark brown but still brown) and decided I like black mascara better. The blacker the better. So I should have just stuck with the black mascara. But like I said, that’s my own fault. Anyway, here goes.


The first thing I noticed when I pulled out the wand is that the applicator is super long. Here it is compared to the CoverGirl LashBlast wand.

Okay so its not THAT long but still.
Other than that it’s the standard brush applicator. Then when I went to put on the mascara, I was a little taken aback by how thick the mascara actually is. I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing but if you‘re not used to a thick formula it does feel a little heavy on the lashes. This did lengthen and volumize but I did experience some clumping. I was able to get everything the way I wanted it after using a lash comb though. Going back to the length of the wand. I found it a little hard to get the lashes on the outer corner of my eyelids but I managed. After using it for a few days I did get used to the wand, the thickness of the formula and all of that but it never felt like it really fully dried on my lashes. It seemed a little tacky and my lashes would kind of stick together when I blinked. The mascara washes off well but it burns like an SOB if you get it in your eye at all. Not good. Overall, this is not the best mascara I have ever used and I wouldn’t buy it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment