Thursday, January 31, 2013

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser


$10 for 12 oz at Walmart








This is a gentle cleanser for normal to oily skin that says it uses hyaluronic acid and ceramides to help skin retain moisture. It comes in a pump bottle and is clear and quite liquidy in consistency. It smells faintly like kids bubbles (glycerin), which some people may find unpleasant but it reminds me of my childhood and is very faint so it doesn’t bother me. This is definitely a gentle cleanser. For someone who has very oily skin this may not even do much but my skin is only a little oily to combination skin depending on how its feeling at the time, so it was good for me. It doesn’t leave even the slightest bit of tightness. My face actually felt softer and smoother than with my other cleanser. However after using it for about two weeks I noticed I was slowly getting more breakouts. It was pretty close to my period and I have been using a new sunscreen but I switched back to my regular cleanser for a few days and immediately noticed that they were fading and drying up. I've used it off and on since then and have experienced similar results. It just doesn't quite clean off my skin well enough. I still would recommend this cleanser to someone who isn’t prone to acne but for me it just didn’t quite work.

No comments:

Post a Comment